We have already bid adieu to 2011 and welcomed 2012. 2011 had been a good year for all in Bollywood with plenty of new releases – some super hits in their own rights while others turned out to be complete flop shows in spite of generating a lot of hype. 2012 has lined for us a series of movies and quite remarkably all of them have generated a lot of interest among the audience from quite some time. Another special thing about 2012 is that almost all the big stars have their movies be released this year. Giving them company will be also a set of new young stars. 2012 promises to be an action-packed year in Bollywood. Listed below are the biggest flicks to look forward to in 2012.
- Agneepath: This film is a remake of the Agneepath of 1990. Hrithik Roshan plays the role of Amitabh Bachchan as Vijay Dinanath Chauhan. Comparisons are bound to be drawn with the older version of the movie, which earned Amitabh Bachchan his first National Award. It is up to Hrithik Roshan whether he can meet the audience expectation.
Scheduled release date – January 26
- Kahaani: Vidhya Balan had the critics as well as box-office chirpy as she gave out one of the best performances of her career with Dirty Picture. She continues to carry forward such meaningful performances in 2012 as well in this Sujoy Ghosh’s directorial venture. In this movie she plays the role of a pregnant woman in search of her husband.
Scheduled release date – March 9.
- Agent Vinod: In this movie we see Saif Ali Khan as our desi James Bond. Paired opposite his real life lady love Kareena Kapoor on reel, this movie is a much talked about spy thriller shot in several exotic locations of the world. Saif has chosen director Shriram Raghavan this time in his home production.
Scheduled release date – March 23.
- Talaash: Mr Perfectionist, Aamir Khan this time is seen in a new avatar with moustache and uniform. There is a lot of hush hush about this movie and nothing much could be unravelled about it except that the film also stars Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukherji.
Scheduled release date: June 1
- Rowdy Rathore: With this film many people want to score several points. Akshay Kumar, who had a not-so-satisfying 2011, would want to set the records right with this venture. Producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali is seriously eyeing for a hit in this remake of Telugu superhit – Vikramarkudu. The film also stars Sonakshi Sinha.
Scheduled release date: June 15
- Barfee: Ranbir Kapoor has time and again proved his super star status. Rockstar was one of the best films of 2011 and this time also to give the audience a taste of his acting brilliance, Ranbir enters with Barfee, a film in which he portrays the role of a hearing impaired character. Directed by Anurag Basu, this film also stars Priyanka Chopra playing the role of a mentally challenged girl.
Scheduled release date: July 13
- Ek Tha Tiger: The film stars Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif once again and has a complicated love story of RAW and ISI agents and how they protect South Asia. After tremendously successful 2011, Salman fans are hopeful that this year also he shall deliver something extraordinary. The film has been intelligently timed so that it is released on Eid.
Scheduled release date: August
- Heroine: In this film director Madhur Bhandarkar shifts his focus to film industry. Touted to be the director’s biggest venture ever, this film was originally supposed to cast Aishwarya Rai Bachchan but now would star Kareena Kapoor.
Scheduled release date: September
- Yash Chopra’s next venture: For the first time Shah Rukh Khan pairs up with his arch rival Salman Khan’s former girlfriend Katrina Kaif in this movie, which is supposed to be Yash Chopra’s big release with King Khan after 7 long years. This film also promises to be a musical delight with AR Rahman as the music director and the lyrics by Gulzar.
Scheduled release date: Diwali
- Dabangg 2: Just as the year would finally end, Salman Khan would gift his fans, the sequel to one of his greatest hits, Dabangg. But this time the director would b his own younger brother Arbaaz Khan after director Abhinav Kashyap discontinued with the project.
Scheduled release date: December
[Article View] : 3494