Just when everyone said it was ‘over’ for Rani Mukherjee, she came and conquered hearts with 2011 run away hit “No One Killed Jessica”, proving her supremacy at the box office.
The bong actress then bagged a prestigious role in 2012’s most awaited film Talaash opposite Superstar Aamir khan to be released on June 1. Now if rumor mills are to be believed then Yash Raj Films is busy chalking out a role for their Rani in Dhoom 3.
Dhoom 3 has been in news ever since Aamir had signed the film and weeks later got more momentum with Katrina’s inclusion as the lead opposite Aamir. Now if Rani joins the gang then it will be quite a casting.
It is believed Rani might essay a role similar to Aishwarya in Dhoom 2. In Dhoom 3, Aamir is playing the villain and Rani shares a fabulous rapport with him. In fact, she had once mentioned on a chat show how Aamir had been her best co-star among all Khans.”
At this stage let’s try and decode the factors that may go in Rani’s favor.
- Rani is known to be very close to Aamir so he may have a role in having her on board along with him.
- Rani’s market value is on high after “No One Killed Jessica” so having her on board is an added advantage for the makers as she enjoys a loyal fan base.
- So far only Katrina Kaif has been signed for Dhoom 3 so the slot for other female lead is still open. Rani’s chemistry with Abhishek has been appreciated so she might be in the running for Ab Jr’s leading lady in the film.
- Every one knows that Rani is an eye candy for Yash Raj Films. Most of her recent hits have been with this banner so the makers may wish to use her once again for their most ambitious project till date.
- Dhoom3 will be Aamir’s next release after “Talaash” in which Rani plays a pivotal role opposite Aamir. Going by the hype Talaash has generated, it won’t be wrong to say that Talaash has all the reasons going in its favor and may keep the cash register ringing. Makers of Dhoom could well be trying to use this hype to their favor by casting Aamir & Rani once again after Talaash.
- Rani is one of the few actresses who can look glamorous and can simultaneously give a knockout performance. Her past performances have proved that she is by far the most versatile actress around and if this combination can be encashed, Dhoom 3 will have additional feathers in its cap.
It is not yet confirmed whether she has actually signed the film or not. Some believe that she is not too comfortable with the idea of sharing screen space with Katrina but if sources are to go by, makers of Dhoom3 are leaving no stone unturned to have the bong beauty on board. In order to give her a meaty role, major chunk of her scenes are being re-written opposite Aamir so that she grabs all the attention.
However, it is a known fact that Aamir does not sign a film without a bound script narration, so these last minute changes may not go too well with him. So, the speculation of Rani on board continues.
Dhoom as a franchise is growing with time. John’s cool antics made him favorite amongst the bikers, while Hrithik ensured that everyone aims for a Greek god appearance, irrespective of its possibilities. But this around the makers have pushed the envelop by signing the biggest star of the country in a role never seen before. Considering the hype and frenzy, it is unlikely that Rani will turn down a role in such a big project. Currently she is busy shooting for Anurag Kashyap production “Aiyya”, to be released in September. Post Aiyya, she will have enough time to prepare for Dhoom 3 so the chances of seeing her opposite Aamir isn’t too unlikely.
The film was initially to be released during Christmas 2012 but now the release date has been postponed to early 2013. The shooting for Rani-starer ‘Dhoom3’ will commence in November, giving Rani enough time to prepare.
The film will be written and directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, who had written the earlier two films in the series.
As mentioned above, though an official announcement is not yet made but if this casting has any possibility, fans will have one more reason to cheer for this much awaited Dhoom series. [Article View] : 12117