How many of you derive pleasure from alcohol? How many of you feel alcohol is a medium for you to kill your frustration or sorrows? Don’t know about you but I certainly belong to this group so am quite worried. Not because I hate alcohol, come on, it is the only way I feel as rich as the Ambanis and as popular any Rockstar. Such is alcohol; it gives you a false satisfaction, the pleasure of which is above all worldly things in world.
But as the proverb says, too much of anything is bad, too much of alcohol consumption is also not too good for health. No, am not here to preach or give pravachans, but just giving you few side-effects of alcohol so that you can control your intake of liquor.
Tips to keep in mind while drinking:
- No sex - did you know over dose of alcohol could lead to impotency? Huh, by now I must have consumed 1 shop of alcohol so does that mean am heading to wards a life of a saint? Noooooooo! Cut down on your pegs or else your sperm count will go lower resulting in a “Nooooooo situation”. It also leads to decreasing desire of making love. You can drink but in moderate portion, 2-4 pegs. Not like a replica of Keshto Mukherjee or Abhishek Mukherjee for that matter.
- Presentably – imagine yourself with a beery belly, yuck! Now imagine yourself to be walking with the most beautiful girl in the world. Done? Now come down to reality, if you have a gelly- belly, no girl will stand near you, forget walking. Ya I know all that crap of love is blind and all, but level of blindness matters. She wouldn’t mind going out with a guy who is naturally over weight, but not with a guy who has alcoholic fat overflowing from every corner of his body. Get a reality check, drink less and burn your calories the next day.
- Other health issues — muscle pain or gout is one health issues common with men. Too much drinking leads to pain in leg or joints. Though I drink once a week, I have started experiencing pain in my toe. Even though am taking medicine, I know the real cause of the pain. Of course couldn’t tell it to my doctor or else my father would disown me for good. Recession time so have to have a place to live in.
- Kick factor – fortunately or unfortunately, I am never high no matter how much I drink. The other day I had around 12 pegs and I was as normal as if I had few pegs of bourn-vita. This is weird and bad. Bad because I tend to drink more pegs to feel high and here lies the problem. One should stop beyond 4-5 pegs to safe guard themselves from fear of a live burst or stomach ulcer.
- Drink like a king – gone are days when people consumed alcohol like a popper. Drink like a man dude. Have loads of dry fruits, some slice of chicken or at-least some light snacks. Apart from a feel good factor, it protects your stomach. Empty stomach drinking can affect health in a serious way. Moderate drinking with right quantity of food will control the damage in a large way.
Drinking is fun; it should not be stopped unless prescribed by your doctor. By idea is to enjoy the drinks without damaging your body. I have shared my mistakes with you so that you can rectify yours. Let’s say cheers, but to life and not diseases.
[Article View] : 2593