The most popular Paneer dish ever , a delightfully simple and creamy curry, full of flavours is how we can describe this North Indian Dish, Paneer Butter Masala. It tastes best when served over white rice or with Naans or Tandoori Rotis.
- 250 gm Paneer
- 2 Onions (blanched and pureed)
- 2tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Cashew nut paste
- 2 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp Garam masala
For Garnishing :
- 1 Cup Fresh cream
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Chop paneer into cubes. Take butter in a pan, heat it and fry Paneer cubes until golden brown. Drain and keep aside
- In the same pan, add 1 more tpsp butter and add the onion puree and fry till they turn light brown in color. Add Ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Next add the chili powder, coriander powder, cashew paste, tomato puree, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and sauté for sometime until the masalas are well combined. Also add kasuri methi.
- To this, add fried paneer cubes, little water. Mix well and simmer for 3-4 mins so that the gravy becomes semi-solid.
- Top this off with 1 cup cream. Finally garnish it with fresh coriander leaves. Your Paneer Butter Masala is ready to be served.
[Article View] : 1753