Anger, over excitement or stress are not too good for health. It increases the circulation of blood in our body and hits the heart and mind in a negative way. We live in a stressful world where we are surrounded by innumerable worries, tensions and stress. These symptoms are directly related to blood pressure which in turn causes serious impact on our body.
If you are suffering from high blood pressure problem, following are quick 10 facts you should keep in mind.
1) Check your blood pressure every month- This will keep a record of your blood pressure trend. Anything around 120/75-80 is normal so keep a check and consult your doctor regularly. However checking BP every day or week is strongly discouraged, it has a negative effect on mind and thus should be avoided. If you are consuming medicines, don’t ever skip your dose of medicines. This can become fatal. As and when your doctor advices, you are allowed to make alterations in your medical habits. Beware!
2) Avoid extra salt – many of us are in habit of consuming extra salt along with our regular meal. This has to be stopped. Infact you should cut down on your salt in take in your regular meal. Too much of salt in take leads to a high BP.
3) Controlled drinking – if you are a heavy drinker then it’s bad news for you. Excessive drinking increases the blood circulation and your heart pumps blood in an over increases rate. This can lead to heart attack, stroke or cerebral attack. If you drink in moderation of 2 pegs chances of danger is minimal. Follow this religiously.
4) Avoid stress- don’t encourage negative thoughts or tensions. Try to share your worries with people you trust as this will reduce your stress level and blood pressure level. If you brood or stay tensed, your BP is likely to go high and create complications.
5) Avoid anger – anger is the worst possible disease that can ruin a body completely. When you are angry your BP level increases and blood circulation takes place at an irregular pace. This should be avoided by shifting your attention to pleasant things like music or TV or anything else you like. Anger is a temporary expression so it can be controlled in an intelligent manner.
6) Check signals- if you feel frequent pain in your neck or shoulder, rush to a local medicine and check your BP. Often headache or neck pain is associated with high BP and this should be consulted with your doctor. Don’t neglect the signals; they can cause serious effects later in life.
7) Be a healthy eater – avoid too much of fried food. It not only increases your cholesterol level, but also leads to high BP in long run. Fried food like burger wafers or oily food is good for occasional consumptionsulted with your doctor. is essure level. if . Eat vegetables, fish and salads for a healthy living. Avoid soft drinks and ice cream too. I know its not easy so occasional eating is fine but in moderate level.
8) Loose weight – best remedy for controlling BP is weight loss. Consult your doctor and cut down on your body fat. Brisk walking can help in a huge way so even if you can’t join a gym, walking is the ideal way for you to loose weight. The more you loose weight, the sooner will you control your blood pressure problem. Even I am working on it.
9) Sleeping habit- if you suffer from BP problem then plan your routine in a serious way, making ample time for sleeping. You must sleep for 7-8 hours in order to give your mind the much needed rest. Irregular sleep can lead to heat attacks or stoke so re arrange your life style, making ample time for sleeping. Your body needs pure rest in form of good sound sleep so do follow this religiously.
10) Keep yourself happy – if you are in a happy state of mind your body is more likely to function in a healthy and better way. Do what your heart say, keep time for recreation and have a decent life style. Plan a holiday, go out for movies etc and you will see your BP functioning normally. Our environment and state of mind affects our mind and heart in a big way so make provisions for a happy living.
Follow the above points and you shall have a reason to smile. I am doing it, so should you. Cheers to life!
[Article View] : 1379