Ever wondered how cooler life would have been had you been a few inches taller. That girl you set your eyes on for months wouldn’t have walked away with that macho six-footer had your height not betrayed you badly.
But life on the wrong side of twenties can’t get much brighter because you cannot suddenly start growing taller one fine morning. New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station at Rutgers University, inferred that bone mass starts waning right after you cross 25. And this is true for both men as well as women.
However, life is not that gloomy and sad as rigorous exercise, a disciplined regimen, daily dose of yoga and healthy food habits can give you the agility you can always wanted and there is more to the story. If continued for a prolonged span this routine can bring about a stretch in your muscles and bone mass – which will result in you finally increasing your height even when you are in your late twenties.
The dos and don’ts for this mission are however not too difficult.
- Posture is very important for a human frame. A slouching posture and constant bending will not stand in a good stead for your height. Try to stand straight always and eventually your spine will take up an erect posture which will be healthier for you.
- Innumerable tales have been told of the virtues of a good sleep at night. Adequate sleep helps in the secretion of human growth hormone in the body. Irregularities in your sleep will impact the regulation of the growth hormones and your chances of growing taller would be narrower.
- Try to take vitamin and mineral supplements regularly. Daily intake of these vitamin supplements will help you preserve the proper nutrients your body needs to keep the bones and muscles healthy.
- There must be a proper exercise schedule in your day’s time table. Stretch exercises are a must and if possible daily session of swimming should be incorporated within your exercise regimen.
Yoga for increasing height after 25
There are 3 ways by which Yogasanas help us increase our height
- By improving our posture, you can increase your by as much as an inch by simply straightening your spine by practice of asanas
- By decompression and readjustment of the spinal discs.
- By de-stressing the spine and body “generally” allowing optimum release of growth hormones.
The primary asanas that help height improvement at any age are Salbhasana, Paschim Tanasana, Chakrasan, Sukhasana and Trikona Asana.
Check out more on Yoga Tips for increasing the height. [Article View] : 8635