It is always told to eat light before going to sleep at night. The reason behind same is that during sleep, our body is at rest and the capacity to digest heavy food decreases which in turn can cause physical hazards. I will provide a list of foods which generally people have before sleeping, however these should be totally avoided during the night.
1. Dark Chocolate: Although one of the common snacks to be eaten after you dinner, but dark chocolates are very high in antioxidants and actually acts as a stimulant and help to keep you awake till late night.
2. Sweets: Any kind of sweet should be avoided before going to sleep. It is said that sweet increases the brainwave which causes nightmare. Therefore if you intake sweet before going to bed, you will definitely be more engrossed in watching nightmares than sleeping. So beware of SWEETS guys!
3. Ice Cream: Like sweets, ice cream is also full of sweets and will have an almost similar effect of that of sweet. The high sugar content also provides a high level of energy which will deprive you of sleep instead of a good night’s sleep. In addition ice creams are full of fat and when eaten at night, all these fats will get burnt and will increase the fat content of your body.
4. Pasta: One of the delicious dishes you prefer to have at night? Pastas are high in carbohydrate content and consuming them at night means all carbohydrate turning into fat. Also, the cheese , oil and spices which make the pasta are not easily digestible which can keep you awake. Studies show that pastas enhance the blood sugar levels which mean that you should steer clear of pastas at night.
5. Pizza: It is a myth that Pizza is a light food. But the effects of Pizza are almost similar to that of Pasta and should be strictly avoided before going to bed.
6. Alcohol: This is one thing which everyone in the world thinks that it can give you the most sound sleep ever and hence take this before going to bed. But, studies and surveys clearly states the other way. Alcohol actually interferes with the mechanism of sleep and gives an interrupted sleep throughout the night. Also daily intake of alcohol before sleeping can be a very harmful addiction which should be strictly avoided.
7. Cheese: Cheese is the substitute for milk. It is quite a heavy food and should be taken as a part of a proper meal. People suffering from intolerance towards lactose are likely to experience a heart burn after in taking cheese. Also cheese being a filling food makes the stomach heavy and gives an uneasy feeling.
8. Cereal: There are certain cereals which contain sugar. Theses cereals have similar effects as that of sweets or ice cream. Also, cereals are full of carbohydrate which are not fully broken down and eventually gets converted into body fat.
The above foods are only a glimpse of foods which are best avoided during night. However, the concept of eating just before going to sleep is a wrong one and should be avoided. A healthy lifestyle means taking dinner two hours before going to bed and avoiding all kinds of spicy and heavy food intake at night. So, follow healthy lifestyle and keep healthy.
[Article View] : 1150