Skin Care by Natural Methods can be divided into 4 broad heads
- Proper Bodily Elimination
- Correct Food for skin
- External natural stimulation
- Simple Dos and don’ts
Proper Bodily Elimination and skin Care
Poisons or waste products are eliminated through 4 organs of our body and each must get proper care and attention. The 4 organs of elimination are skin, the lungs, the kidneys and the bowels. About a fourth of the water taken in by us is eliminated by the skin.
A truly beautiful skin is a symbol of internal cleanliness. This means if our body is not eliminating properly we will have bad skin. Our skin supplements our internal flushing system when through lack of knowledge or negligence we trespass the laws governing physical equilibrium.
Buildup of intestinal waste may cause an overgrowth of harmful yeast and bacteria – rotting and fermentation of food – in the digestive tract. This leads to bad skin among other things.
So how do we make sure that our system is not constipated and is eliminating waste efficiently.
- Be as vegetarian as you can
- Eat a lot of leafy green vegetables and foods that provide roughage and fiber.
- Eat a lot of raw food as salads or simply fruits – make a meal of them not just as sides
- Fast regularly on orange juice and water, taking a natural mild laxative at night.
- Exercise!! Generally any form of free hand exercises, walking and running are good for better peristaltic motion.
- Practice YOGA postures. There are several postures that help in digestion and elimination like Marichyasana, Bhujangasana, Shirshasana, Salbhasana and Ardh Matsyendra asana. Some pranayams for stomach are bhastrika, kapala Bhati and Bhaya pranayam illustrated in this must see video.
Food For skin:
The following foods can be classified as specific skin foods , use an abundance of them in salads, and as vegetable cocktails : carrots, watercress, parsley, celery, cucumbers and spinach. Wrinkles are natures hunger cries for vitalizing foods , iodine and oil.
Skin – Care Tea: To a bunch of well washed parsley of add a quart of distilled water. Simmer until the stems and leaves have withered. Let stand in a covered pot until cool, Strain , Drink several glasses full for several days in succession. Parsley vibrates with the kidneys, flushing the organs of elimination.
Vital Nutrients for skin care: Wrinkles are natures hunger cries for vitalizing foods , iodine and oil. Following are some vital nutrients and foods for skin – from which we can get them.
Avocados contain Biotin; Green tea has polyphenols; Tomatoes have antioxidants like lycopene; Salmon has Astaxanthine; Eggs and Beans have proteins that help quick skin cell repair and Walnuts contain Omega – 3 – Fatty acid.
Clogged Pores – Unsightly growths indicate excess of carbohydrates in diet . The main culprits here are starches and sweets – which must be kept to a minimum.
External Natural Stimulation:
Oil Massages: Oil , particularly olive oil, for skin care is a good beauty aid. It has been used over the ages. It is well chronicled that the chief ingredient for Cleopatra’s secret of beauty and rejuvenation was generous use of olive oil. Get a good brand of yellow olive oil , use with lemon juice, each in a equal volume. Massage face and body with the lemon juice and olive oil mixture. The lemon assists the oil in penetrating the skin. Another good oil for skin beauty massage is Almond Oil.
Face Packs : Regular use of Natural face packs is also a good idea. An oatmeal pack is among the best face-packs to use. It adds an aliveness and luster that nothing else can. Be sure to secure the whole grain product , known as steel cut oats. These are easily available nowadays online.
Simple Dos and Don’ts:
- Give your skin a regular air bath and sun bath – at least 4 times a week
- Daily take friction baths with a rough towel
- Work up a good perspiration by some sort of exercise regularly.
- Drink sufficient water 6 – 10 glasses a day depending on your body size
- Don’t consume to much oily food, if your skin is too oily, for at least a period of time.
- Don’t take prolonged tub baths unless expressly for therapeutic purposes. While they do relax , they have a tendency to dry out the skin
- Don’t wear tight elastic in clothing, as this interferes with circulation.
- NEVER use lard based creams sold on the market. Vegetable based creams are easily available. Facial skin of the average individual is a complete reflection of all the physical and emotional upheaval s that transpire within. There is unquestionably a tie between the inner and outer individual enclosed within the boundaries of our skin, the medium through which “our light so shines”. So rejuvenate your inner Physical mental and spiritual self and have rejuvenated skin.
Image Credit : Ambro [Article View] : 2953