We are in the 5th month of the year and its summer in true sense, humid and hot making life unbearable. This year’s heat has crossed past record of summer tortures and it now here to stay for quite sometime. As I write this article, people are in real discomfort due to this extreme humidity which is making life a living hell here. While I can’t control the weather, I can sure give you some tips on how to handle or combat the heat in best possible manner.
- Drink water- most important tips to beat the heat. During summer we sweat a lot so it becomes really important to drink loads of water to compensate for the loss of water due to perspiration. Drink 10-12 glasses of water and also drink juices, stews to protect yourself from getting dehydrated.
- Avoid heavy food – if you are into heavy food or fried food, replace it with light foods like salads and light sandwiches. Heavy food takes long to digest and in turn reduces the cooling process of your body. If you keep it light you will digest your food easily and won’t feel sluggish.
- Fruits- if you eat loads of fruit like pears, watermelon, pineapples, etc your body will get lot of nutrients from these fruits and your body will automatically get high water content from these fruits. Fruits help in digesting food easily and will keep your body cool.
- Dress code- it’s that part of the time when you should be wearing loose fitting dresses which are light in color. If you wear tight cloths which dark in colors like black or brown, your skin will react with rashes and other irritations. Wear white color dress as it absorbs heat and keeps body cooler.
- Hair cut- visit a saloon and cut your hair short. You can’t be flaunting long hair at this time of the year. For girls who have problem cutting their hair short, use rubber bands so that it does not stick to your body when you are sweating. I envy bald people, thy will enjoy the summer.
- Wear sun glasses- it’s that time of the year when you must wear glasses to protect your eyes from the heat. Better to buy glassed with full UV protection so that your eyes are full protected. This will not only protect you from the sun but will also make you look super stylish.
- Ac temperature- if you are staying in air conditioner for too long, don’t step out all of a sudden. Contrast temperature can affect health in negative way. After long duration in door ac environment, spend some time in normal temperature and then go out in extreme temperature. It is always advisable to switch on the ac in a mild temperature of 24-23 rather than keeping it in chilly temperature of 18 or 20 degree Celsius.
- Bath for a long time- take shower as and when you get chance. In extreme heat bathing 2-3 times a day will cool your body and will give you the much needed refreshment. Taking a shower in summer is the ultimate pleasure one can ask for. Swimming in another great option to keep ourselves cool and light.
In major parts of India humidity level is always above 85 % which further adds to our misery, so take adequate measures to protect yourself. Hope the above tips will help you beat the heat in an effective way. Stay fit!
[Article View] : 1651