Is it always a difficult job for you to take a decision in life? Are you perpetually clueless when it comes to deciding something about a loved one or more importantly about your own life? Many of us are often clueless while taking the crucial decisions of life and are at an ultimate crisis spot when deciding something vital. Decision-making is a process that needs a sensible analysis of the problems and cool head to come up with the right solution. Here is how you can increase your decision-making skills and be the right judge of situations.
- Make the most of the commuting time. When you travel from your home to office and back you generally waste the important hours idly without much productivity. Try and make the most of that time by doing something that would enhance your intellect level. You can try to solve puzzles or read a book. There are people who finish series of books by reading only during their commuting hours. If you are travelling in a car, you can play a self-help book that is converted into a CD and listen to it. You can also keep yourself updated by listening to the daily news on radio while you are travelling. Utilisation of time is important in making decisions in the long run.
- Have a role model in life. It is easy to idolise a great person and set the standards for everything by thinking everything from that person’s perspective. For example if your idol is Swami Vivekananda, you would think about his ideals and principles before you decide on something. There are people who idolise Che Guevara, always think what Che would do in a certain situation and then take decisions accordingly. So if you choose a role model it helps you to take a better decision.
- Try to say no to people in life at times. There are many friends of yours who while away time idly and in their company you waste your precisions hours as well. Try to avoid them as much as possible so that you can do something productive or useful in life. Hang around with people who are more knowledgeable than you so that you end up learning something useful from them.
- Rewarding oneself for the good things that you have done will increase your motivation levels and give you the inspiration to do things in a better way in life. For example, if you finish a book that you had been trying to evade yourself from for a long time, reward yourself by indulging in a spa or a lavish dinner.
- Try to meditate during a particular time of the day. Meditation has its age-old merits that have been valued since time immemorial. Meditation helps to increase the concentration level of a person and makes him or her much more calm and relaxed as a human being, which helps in the long-run to take better decisions in life.
- Try and maintain a disciplined life. Even though we feel that disciplined existence is boring and dull, it has its own rewards. A disciplined life helps in healthy living. And when a person is feeling healthy and refreshed, he is in a better position to be a competent judge of situations.
So try and follow these rules and soon your judgements would be the most valued among your peers and you would be the noted for your decision-making skills.