Recession had once before shown how nasty it can get. All over the world people had to suffer the nuances of a capitalist economy. And before recession lurks its dirty head once again, it is better to be careful than sorry later.
You might term it as remembering the times Britain was at war, or simply addressing the problems of this generation, it is important to stretch resources and make the most of what is available.
- Know where you are spending: It is important to track your daily expenses. Writing down what you have spent so you know where your money is going then you can easily get rid of unnecessary expenditure.
- After writing down your expenses over a month, broadly categorize all expenses under topics like – eating out, groceries, rents, clothes, accessories, phone & internet…… This might be a very revealing exercise. You might find you are probably spending more on your phone & internet connection than groceries !!!
- Switching off the lights and fans is not being thrifty but being responsible as well. At times you can just do away without air-conditioners – so please at those times do not always switch on the AC. Your room needs fresh air too. Be careful to remove your cellphone and laptop chargers after use from the electric sockets. Why waste something when you can prevent it?
- While driving a car you can pull down the glass if it is not unbearably hot. What is more pleasant than an exciting car ride in the cool breeze.
- Try avoiding going for all the movies that come to your nearest multiplex just because you have nothing more exciting to do. At times it is better to sit at home and have a nice chat over a cup of coffee.
- Go easy on vacations – this can be a big saver. Re-plan your vacation on a tighter budget. A vacation on a tighter budget can still be fun, you just have to look harder and research more. A simple downgrade on the Hotel could save you a lot of money. Remember – eventually the joy is in the attitude with which you take the vacation not what you eat out there and where you stay.
- It is time you act a little more like a grown-up and stop buying every single dress that is in fashion even if you know you probably don’t have the figure to flaunt it. Count in your wardrobe how many dress you have that you are not going to wear ever in your life and next time please buy the dress that you know you are going to wear for sure.
- Have you wondered what exactly you do with 1000 channels in your television. Try reducing the number channels in your cable and not only save money but the time because you have less to bother about while figuring what you want to watch actually.
- Make use of the coupons available on some websites and other offers elsewhere. In this 21st century make some use of the tech world and be smart before the world thinks you redundant. In this way you are not only catching up with your tech-friendly peers but saving a few bucks as well that can always come handy.
- It is an intelligent idea to get a health insurance not only for you but your family as well. Certain matters are not in our hands so it is better to be careful than sorry later. At times of emergencies these insurances seem as blessings.
It is not always living thrifty but intelligently as well that can bring in all the difference. [Article View] : 2262