Rang barse bheege chunarwali rang barse. The all-time favourite track from Silsila captures the imagination of an entire nation and sets it in the right spirit for the festival of colours – Holi. One of the most popular festivals of India is here and the entire nation (mostly north India though) is gearing up to celebrate this festival in gay spirits. And one of the ways of celebration certainly happens to be songs and music. It goes without saying that our poets and lyricists have penned innumerable poems and songs on Holi that we seem to be humming over and over the generations. Here is a list of tracks that have left us humming over and over again for years.
- Sholay is memorable to us for multiple reasons and one among those can certainly be Holi ke din dil khil jaate hain rangon mein rang mil jaate hain by Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar. The lyrics and more so the melody is so distinctly mellifluous that the song is simply embedded in our memory.
- Hori Khele Raghuveera, Hori Khele Raghuveera from Baghban is another track where Amithabh Bachchan even in his old avatar makes a special place in our heart. Sung by Amitabh Bachchan and other well-known singers like Sukwinder Singh, Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan this is one track you just cannot skip to listen on Holi.
- Ang Se Ang Lagana Sajaan hume Aise Rang lagana gave us a much refreshing break in the psychological drama of 90’s – Darr. Along with the film the song is simply rooted to our memory and so this Holi you need to listen to it once more to relive its charms.
- And who can forget Aaj na chodenge bas humjoli khelenge hum holi where the super star of yesterday years Rajesh Khanna romances with Asha Parekh in the famous movie Kati Patang. The movie made quite an impact in those years and so did the songs.
- Rang De, Range De, Range De, Range De Mujhe Rang De in the film Thakshak was a very enticing song by Asha Bhonsle and picturised on Tabu. The track was very different from the usual Holi numbers but indeed a soul-touching one. This Holi is a must-listen track for all.
- This one would be an all-time favourite for many of the younger generation. A film that had sought to touch the soul of an entire generation came up with an amazing Holi track sung by K.S. Chitra and Daler Mehndi directed by the maestro of Indian music A. R. Rehman. The song is none other than the title track of the film Rang De Basanti.
- In 1957 the Indian audiences were treated with the cinematic delight in Mother India. The song Holi aaye re kanhayee from that movie still stands out as the all time favourite Holi tracks of all times.
- This Holi the playlist would have a unique combination of old and new songs – but stitching them together would be the spirit of this festive occasion – Holi. Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost might not have created too many ripples in the box office by this song Koi Bheega Hai Raang Se, Koi Bheega Hai Uman Se picturised on the leading star cast Abhishek Bachchan, Lara Dutta, captures the true romantic spirit of Holi. Listen to the track to believe in its romance.
- Written by Harivansh Rai Bachchan and sung by none other than his son Amitabh, the ultimate Holi track will certainly by crowned to Rang barse bheege chunarwali rang barse in the 1981 movie Silsila. The triangular love story of Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha gets a new lease of life in this breath-taking Holi number. You might have listened to the song a hundred times but it seems to captivate you to listen to it a further hundred times. This song is the ultimate Holi enchantress.
So this Holi get drenched with breath-taking Holi numbers, one after the other.
[Article View] : 1716