Well Holi is here and hence you need to get absolutely geared up for this joyous occasion. But if you think Holi is the festival of colours and so you can completely do away with your make-up regime you are completely mistaken. Even though Holi is the occasion to let your hair down and get completely soaked in the coloured water, there are a few things that you can do to look stunning even on that day. Read on to know how.
- Selecting the right outfit for Holi is very essential. Choose something that is smart yet covers your hands and legs. The outfit should be chosen with the purpose that minimum amount of skin is exposed so that later you do not have a trying time scrubbing away colour from your skin. But even though it is a covered dress it should be a fitted one so that you can flaunt your figure in the right way.
- Before you decide to put on makeup, apply an oily base first and then start with the rest of the face. If you have an oily base it would be easy to remove the colour from your face and the skin would not become rough and dry in the attempt. Normally the skin of the face is usually much softer than the rest of the body so you should be careful while removing colour from it. So applying an oily base is important.
- Highlight your eyes the most in your face. When you are out to play Holi your complexion will be of no importance but your eyes still need to stand out and so play them up the most. Instead of eye liner go for a kohl pencil and apply it on the upper as well as lower lid. Stretch the lines a little outside and inside edges of your eyes to make them look larger and more animated. Give a generous dose of mascara to complete the look.
- Since there would be no dearth of colours on your face let alone your lips there is no point in applying a lip colour. Apply a gloss instead so that your lips stand out from the rest of your face even if it is smeared with colours.
- When it comes to hair, you can oil it properly so that it is resistant to the chemicals of the colours. You can also tie it up high so that it is least exposed to the influence of colours.
So before you set out to play with colours make sure you follow these simple things and even on Holi you will end up being a stunner and will win appreciative glances from everybody.
[Article View] : 1129