Guys were just 4 days away from the festival of color and as we get set to drench ourselves in glory of color and water, there are few precautions we should keep in mind before initiating the celebration. As we know Holi signifies the triumph of goodness over evil we should ensure that the festival of goodness is celebrated in good spirit without any obstacles.
Following are the points we should keep in mind while celebrating Holi.
1. Don’t wear nice cloths. It is one festival which allows us to wear not so good cloths as during the course of celebration your dress will go for a toss so why to wear something you can’t handle for too long.
2. It’s a celebration of fun and happiness so don’t force anyone to play colors. If someone is happy observing the festival for his or personal reasons, do respect that and don’t forcefully put colors on them.
3. Buy colors from a decent shop. We often buy colors from unknown sources to save few penny but we don’t understand that if color is of very low quality, the chemicals present in it may affect body in a negative way.
4. Thumb rule for Holi is to apply paints on fingers and toes. It helps in removing the color later once the celebration is over. Also it protects the skin from chemical reactions.
5. Use light colors such as yellow, or pink which can be easily removed from face and body. Imagine you see your colleague in a horrendous black avatar the next day; it is such a bad sight to see at work. To avoid such embarrassment, use light colors.
6. Holi without bhang or alcohol is not complete, but you must know the right proportion. Bhang has weird side effects, unless you are confident of handing it, stay away from it. Alcohol is fun provided you are in control. Don’t let your enjoyment be a cause of worry for others.
7. It is advisable to cut your hair before Holi. With long hair, chances of colors finding a space in corner of your scalp are high. Girls should tie the hair with a rubber band or cover it with a cap. Hair is really important for us. Ask me, am loosing it so I know how it feels.
8. Taking your girl out for a long drive is fun but NOT in Holi. Most of you will be drunk so driving in that situation is illegal. Also conditions of road will not be too conducive for drive so avoid going out that day.
9. Don’t keep your stomach empty. When you drink with an empty stomach, alcohol or bhang will react faster which may not go too well with some of you. Eat something light before you indulge on drinking.
10. Protect your eyes. While playing with colors don’t neglect your eyes, if some one is throwing raw colors at you, ask them to stop. It can affect your eyes in a dangerous way.
If you keep the above points in mind celebration of color will be amazing and fun filled. Enjoy with colors, music and food and spread love. After all Holi is about love and celebrations of togetherness. Happy Holi !!!
[Article View] : 1965