Cricket and Bollywood are given more priority in India. Both have huge following and people will lap them up any day at any given point of time. This is a known fact which is as true as the gospel’s truth. But, is Bollywood using Cricketers for their personal triumph and glory? Has anyone thought why Geeta Basra is willing to spend her life with Harbajan Singh? Why did Yuvraj Singh date a flop actress like Kim Sharma and why is Zaheer Khan marrying Isha Sharwani? You can say love is the reason behind such Jodis but is the sole reason? I know love happens without any logic but this statement too has its limitations. Looking at some of these bolly-cricket associations, one cannot help but think that Bollywood needs Cricket for its existence. Here are some of the live examples of not so compatible couples who have stayed together for reasons beyond logic.
- Harbhajan Singh & Geeta Basra- who Geeta? Yes, no one’s knows her but she is definitely too hot for Bhajji to handle. Geeta Basra, who made her debut with Emran Hashmi in a flop movie call “The Train”, could not keep her Bollywood career in demand hence ended up dating our Punjab da puttar Bhajji all of a sudden. Yes she had a flop film; you bet she isn’t a great actress either but does that mean you date Harbajan Singh to get a ticket to fame and glamour? I mean what kind of conversation can Geeta have with Harbajan? Geeta says, satisfy me, to which Harbhajan says, oye chal main tenu Punjab da butter chicken khilata hu” They are not compatible, atleast from what we see from outside, yet Geeta is happy with him. She accompanies him to hotel rooms, she watches IPL matches to show her support for her boy friend and they are happy and together. If you think it’s only for love, think again. Harbhajan is a superstar; he is India’s great bowler. Geeta on other hand is a failure in bollywood, so dating a superstar boyfriend can surely open up new career options for her. They are together, she is now known as Bhajji”s girlfriend and whole world looks up to her. Irrespective of whether Harbajan ties the knot with her, Geeta has got enough headlines to grab a film project. Isn’t Bollywood using Crackers?
- Deepika Padukone & Sid Malya - Deepika dated Siddharth Mallya for almost a year. Who Sid Malya? The guy who wings every two seconds, the guy who talks like a Robert, arey the guy who looks as wooden as the chair you are sitting on. Can’t remember? Ok he is Vijay Mallya’s son, am sure now you recognize him. Deepika Padukone, the upcoming star of Bollywood dated Sid Mallya after latter’s father bought the Bangalore IPL team in 2008. You saw them together in every match of IPL games, you heard different stories of their holidays and now you know that they are separated. No matter how dumb Sid is, no matter how incapable he is without his father’s name, Deepika dated her for a long time and grabbed all the headlines. End result, Deepika’s butt enhanced, her career got new leaf in spite of endless flops and she is at the top of the game. Now who used whom, your guess is as good as mine.
- Zaheer Khan & Isha Sharwani - Zaheer, our Indian fast bowler is all set to marry his long time girl friend Isha Sharwani, a flop Bollywood actresses whose facial gestures in movies were as horrendous as Chris Gayles face after hitting a six, no expressions at all. Her only claim to fame is being Zaheer Khan’s arm candy. Love can happen anytime but wonder what kind of compatibility they share between themselves. Zaheer’s influence has surely helped Isha, if not career wise, financially for sure. Now she can pay back by teaching some of her yoga tricks to her would be husband. After all Zaheer is known for his unfit status, eight out of 12 months so yoga can be an option to try out Zak.
- Mandira Bedi- unlike above stories, Mandira did not date a cricketer to establisher her career. Instead she used cricket as a platform to make her career on television. This Punjabi bombshell was the 1st one to bring in glamour in cricket. Who can forget her noodles strap blouse? It even made Navjot Singh Siddhu stay quiet for most of the time as he was busy looking at her body and sex appeal. Cricket gave Mandira a new life on TV. She earned big bucks, got fame and even acted in films based on cricket. Much to her defense, Mandira did work on her cricketing knowledge as now she does know a lot more about the game. She does not say “Goal” when Sachin hits a six and that is quite an improvement Mandy. Needless to say she has used cricket to be in limelight and honestly speaking, she has created a place for herself. She is much better than Archana Vijay of IPL, who looks like the male counterpart of Sameer Kochar. Wonder why IPL is not using her this season, we are missing her dress and cricketing gyann (pun intended).
- Yuvraj Singh & Kim Sharma – Yuvi is back from a dangerous disease and we wish him a speedy recovery. If he could tolerate Kim Sharma for 3 years, Cancer kaun si badi baat hai? Yuvraj is a huge name and Kim had nothing huge other than her assets. She used her assets and ended up dating Yuvi for 3 long years. Sad, even this could not fetch her work. Much to our prayers, good sense prevailed and Yuvi broke up with her. Sources say, Yuvi saw her films and decided to break up. Jai ho Yuvi.
Bollywood has been using cricket for the longest time. Likes of Neena Gupta, ex girl friend of Vivian Richard, Sangeta Bijlani and many more have married cricketers for reason apart from love. Today we see film stars promoting their films on IPL stage but this is not a new trend. Cricket has been a big game changer for many people so all you young guys, play cricket and earn fame, money and WOMEN. Wish I was a cricketer.
[Article View] : 1897