Ever since Sourav Ganguly has been left from Shah Rukh Khan’s Kolkata Knight Riders team there has been an interesting development taking place right from last year. While a majority of Kolkata Knight Riders fans have stopped supporting Kolkata for Pune, the other section continues to support KKR but not the owner SRK, as they did previously. This year IPL5 has just started and going by Dada’s success rate in the last 2 matches, this debate of Dada Vs SRK is back again on the social networking sites.
Let us look at some of the key highlights of this debate:
- Majority Dada fans in Kolkata are upset about Sourav’s exclusion from KKR. They feel he has always played well for KKR and his exclusion was not justified. They also feel SRK has ditched the fans by making false promises of retaining Dada as the captain in all seasons of KKR, which obviously did not happen. Hence they have changed their loyalty to Pune Warriors which is currently led by Ganguly.
- The other section of the crowd feel that Kolkata team is above one individual hence they would continue to support KKR irrespective of whether Dada is in or out of it. They also feel that SRK has got every right to change the composition of his team as he is the owner of the team.
- In this years IPL, KKR’s bad luck continues as they have lost both their matches so far and SRK and the management has shown no effort of improvement.
- On other hand Dada‘s Pune team has so far managed to win both their games convincingly and is looking in a great shape. This shows Dada is still the best captain available in India.
- SRK’s popularity has managed to bring in huge crowd at Eden Gardens but if his team fails to win matches, fans are more likely to switch their loyalties in coming matches.
- Some are of the opinion that KKR is a jinxed team. They have the best batting line up on paper and the bowlers are equally good, but in-spite of this they can’t win matches. On other hand Pune is not as strong as KKR is, atleast on paper but Dada’s experience can help them win matches.
- Like last year, most of KKR fans are supporting outside teams like Mumbai Indians or Pune Warriors and this is said to be because of Dada Vs SRK factor.
- With SRK being appointed as the brand ambassador of Bengal, this debate has taken a new shape. Most of Kolkata population feels that Ganguly is a better choice than SRK hence he should represent the city. But now since everything has become official, the debate of Dada Vs SRK is on an all time high.
- If my personal opinion is to be asked, I feel SRK was not wrong in removing Dada, it’s his call but the way he was removed was completely uncalled for. He should have personally spoken to Dada to inform him the management’s decision. You can replace a player but you can’t ridicule a legend.
Dada’s Puna Warrior will take on Srk’s KKR on May 4th at Eden Gardens. It would be nothing less than a treat. Will Dada’s popularity score over Srk’s glamour? Your guess is as good as mine. Be ready for a cracker of a match!
[Article View] : 1623