Often known as the glittering tear drop in the fabulous Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is one place you must visit for a truly ethereal experience. It is a strange land, which is a combination of many thing and yet the amalgamation of all helps to make the country a truly exotic experience. Read on to know why Sri Lanka is extremely irresistible as a place and you simply cannot afford to say no to it.
- The fabulous beaches of Sri Lanka beckon you and you are simply drawn to the charm. The sand is golden and the series of coconut trees bordering the blue water of the Indian Ocean create a picture perfect visual to any tourist visiting the country. The beaches at Sri Lanka also happen to be one of Indian Ocean’s premier surfing destinations and hence an all-time favourite with the surfers from all over the world.
- The place has a unique appeal that makes it a major hit with people from all sections of the society – be it people who have come for a quite vacation, or a friends’ reunion or simply romancing couples during honeymoon. The place has an exotic appeal for everyone and perhaps because of this universal appeal people keep visiting this island nation again and again.
- The country is an awesome amalgamation of varied cultures and religious beliefs. There are plenty of places of religious institutions for Christians, Hindus and Muslims. Moreover, the custom of Ayurveda is practised here and so often tourists who plan to spend quite some time here also enrol on Ayurveda courses, which help to rejuvenate the mind as well as the body.
- Along with the place the people of Sri Lanka are truly colourful and their amicable nature and rare hospitality have been set as examples world over. It is indeed strange that how can so much love blossom in a country that had been hard-hit by terrorism for so long.
- If someone has a fetish for fishing and thinks that there can be nothing more relaxing in the world than sitting with fishing lines and start that prolonged wait, then Sri Lanka is again a super cool destination to visit. There are separate fishing zones where you can just work wonders with your lines and return back, a satisfied soul, with Marlin, Wahoo, Sail Fish, Giant Trevally and Tuna and others.
- The nation is full of fanatic cricket lovers and so if you want to indulge in some sort of cricket game with people who are obsessed with the sport, Sri Lanka is the perfect destination for you. The country boasts of a strong international cricket team and so it has been imbibed into generations of youngsters that cricket is a game that can change the fortunes of the people and bring about a significant shift in their way of living, so the people of this nation are more or less cricket crazy.
So for an out-of-the-world experience, do visit this island nation once and you would want to visit Sri Lanka again and again.
[Article View] : 816