You are out on your first date and are as nervous like never before. It is a special event and there are bound to be awkward moments when you would feel a little clueless as to what you should discuss and whether everything will be all well. Well now there hopefully will be no room for confusion if you can avoid discussing certain controversial topics.
- Do not always discuss about you so that the conversation becomes only you-centric. It should not always be about you and your accomplishments, interests and dislikes. Make it more conversational and make sure you listen to your date more and find out about his/ her interests and opinions. At the end of the date you should find out more about the person than revealed things about yourself. If you do this your date will get the impression that you are genuinely interested in the person he/ she is and care to know all about him/ her.
- Do not raise the topic of former relationships if you want to avoid all kinds of confusion. You never know what sentiments he/ she harbours for past affairs so why bring in that topic and create a room for bitterness in an otherwise pleasant conversation. When you guys have the promise of a beautiful relationship ahead why bring in the past and ruin something that had the prospect of being beautiful.
- Do not criticise others because it would only show you in poor light in front of your date. Your date does not know you completely and there is only that initial phase of attraction. It can all be ruined if you are critical of people who might be your common friends. So always be positive about others so that your date gets the idea you are an amicable person.
- Religion is one topic that has created lot of bloodshed and animosity between countries and races. So better do not raise that topic in your first date. And in case you guys are of different religion don’t even dream of raising that topic because it is a very sensitive and personal issue and can create unwanted misunderstandings between the two of you.
- Do not brag about your wealth or car or any of your material possession because it is a big time turn-off in a romantic relation. You have to create an impression that you are a level-headed person so if you show off in a blatant manner your date will never be impressed. In your first date you guys should bond in the level of friendship and friends should always be on a level platform.
- Don’t get too dirty in your first date and discuss sex. Sex talks should be left for later and more personal and intimate conversations. At this stage you guys should bond as friends. Sex talk at this early stage will carry a negative impact on the other person as being too horny.
- And certainly one thing must be kept in mind that is you both should remember that it is a first time meeting and it does not imply that you guys have decided upon marriage after the first date itself. This is just the base from which the relationship can evolve and become more beautiful. But please do not even think of discussing marriage and worse still children on your first date as this is a big time turn off.
So more or less if you avoid these topics your date should go smoothly provided you know how to act sweet and smart at the same time.
[Article View] : 1547