Valentines Day, the most special day for couples and lovers is incomplete without the presence of soulful music. Music plays a strange role in our lives, we value it as much as food for living, yet we underrate it’s presence in our lives.
This Valentines, let music be the food of love. As we gear up to celebrate love and romance, let’s look at some of the great romantic songs that have become synonymous with love and romance.
It is practically impossible to pen down all great romantic numbers as list is endless. However let’s try and look some of the best popular Bollywood romantic numbers that have touched our hearts and minds in an unforgettable way.
- Phir Mohabbat Karne Laga (Murder2) – most of Emran Hashmi songs are huge hits and this one adds to the list. But what sets this apart is the feel and warmness of the voice. A laidback yet intense way of celebrating love is what makes this song an instant hit. This is one song you can sing for your partner and woo her with the word go.
- Mere hath mein tera hath ho (Fanaa) — Sonu Nigam and Sunidhi Chauhan amazing voices made this song a cult hit. The song has depth, intensity and a feel of compassion which clicked with the masses big time. If you wish to celebrate your partner presence in your life, there cannot be a better song than this. This 14th Feb, don’t forget to add this to your list of romantic songs collection.
- Zara Sa (Jannat) – this 2008 song is here to stay for ever. KK’s voice and energy makes this track a sure shot hit on every Valentines Day. No cd is complete without this Emran Hashmi song and no radio channels can afford to miss this one on Feb 14. Needless to say you will surely be playing this for your girl.
- Kaise mujhe (Ghajini) – if you have to mention the best moments of Ghajini, this song is enough represent the success of Ghajini. Rehman’s beautiful music, singer’s excellent voice and Aamir’s mind blowing expression makes this song an all time classic. Those who wish to dedicate a song to their partner; you know which one to select. Success assured. Go for it.
- Chupke se (Saathiya) – this song became very popular with girls. Most women loved the passion and softness of the voice and 10 years after its release, it still holds its popularity. If you wish to listen to a soothing romantic number, count this one blindly.
- Tumhe Dekhona (KANK)—if you are a SRK-Rani fan then this song from Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna must have touched your heart. Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik made this song more memorable than the film is. While most hated the concept of the film, everyone gave a thumps up to this Shankar-Ehshan-Loy album, with this particular song becoming the most loved romantic number of that year.
- Pehla Nasha (Jo jeeta vohi Sikandar) — this Aamir song will feature in every list of most played Valentines Song. From 1992 to 2012, no love song has able to touch this song’s popularity, and will continue to rule hearts till eternity. This is one song every lover will sing for his partner for years to come. All time blockbuster song.
- Suraj Hua (Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham) – a song that made SRK-Kajol ultimate cinematic lovers of youth. The raw sensuality of the song matched by excellent voice of Sonu Nigam made this song an absolute cult. You can play this for your girl and she will be bowled over by your imaginative skill and sensitive gesture. Recommended.
- Dil-Dara (Ra-one) - beautiful song that is sure to touch your heart. The song is a celebration of love and the joy of being in love is beautifully expressed by the singer. We all hated the film but this song is here to stay for a long time. Play the track and make your girl dance to your tune. She will be bowled over.
- Kahin to (Jane Tu Ya Jane Na) – a teenage song that touched heart across all ages. If you are away from your Valentine, play this track to cherish your special moments spent with him/her. This is one song that makes you cry and for a change you won’t mind doing that. Excellent number for all music lovers.
- Ek din aap yu (Yes Boss) – this SRK-Juhi song from yes boss was not as huge hit as Main Koi aisa geet gau, but did touch many hearts. If you wish to play an uncommon yet soulful number for your partner, trust this song to do the magic. A song that connects instantly.
- Jab koi baat (Jurm) – love is standing by your partner against all odds. This Kumar Sanu song captures the spirit of romance in its true essence. Though an old number, its popularity has passed the test of time. People still dance to it; people still sing it for their lover. Your romantic CD must have this track.
There are hundreds of great romantic songs which have not featured in the above list. This is just a handful list of few all times great love songs.
This Valentines Day, if you wish to gift a CD to your partner, make sure you have the above songs present in it. Music is the greatest gift of love so celebrate romance with these songs. Enjoy.
Image credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net [Article View] : 4260