Well, Valentine’s Day is just to arrive and the time is not far when all the streets, shopping malls and restaurants will be decked and dotted with love-struck couples queuing up in front of all kinds of places to while away time in each other’s company. For a person who is single the sight might seem stupid, irrational and quite irritating for sure. Some people might feel singularly left out on such occasions and delve into the comforting caress of depression while others might turn extremely bitter and skeptical about life as a whole. But for a change here is a shocking revelation – it is the best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day being single. Crazy it may sound but essentially it is indeed a welcome break to actually do things that you love to do without the additional burden of pleasing someone else. Find out how you can have a rocking Valentine’s Day even if you are single.
- It’s your day: Don’t spoil the day by languishing in tears because you do not have a partner. Big deal. It is a great habit to start loving one’s self and enjoy his/ her own company as well. There were thousand and one things to be done when you did not have the time but now you can do them on Valentine’s Day. It can be anything like watching your favourite movie, reading a rare book, visiting an art exhibition or anything else. Things you always yearned to do but never managed to do because you were perhaps trying to do things that please someone else. This Valentine you are a free bird so ensure you fly high and reach the zenith of your satisfaction.
- Time for parents and closest pals: Do you actually remember the last time you have actually spent some quality time with your parents, sit back with them and chatted for quite a while. Your old best friend might also have complained on various occasions that you are devoting more time to your new friends or colleagues. On this day you can fill the lives of these special people with all the love that you wanted to devote to them but strangely were running short on time and opportunities.
- Avoid movie theatres and restaurants: It is a good idea to avoid going to restaurants and theaters on this day. There is a chance that if defying the convention you land up to these places alone there is a chance of you turning forlorn more that you had actually fathomed. So it is a safe bet to actually visit these places and see lovey-dovey couples immersed in one other oblivious to the world at large.
- Pamper yourself: Does it actually matter that you don’t have anyone to gift you a diamond ring this Valentine? Why do you need someone else when you can create the best of the moods yourself? Visit a parlour, go for a refreshing spa, buy for yourself the best lingerie you can possibly find and last but not the least have a sumptuous meal. You can go one step ahead and buy for yourself a big fat diamond ring that you always envied on your colleague. You can certainly cherish the satisfaction for long.
- Be a little more generous: There had been innumerable occasions when you were always lavishing gifts for someone else. Though never short of inclination, you never had the opportunity to buy gifts or presents for the lesser privileged people. This Valentine you can actually can turn into a philanthropist and indulge in thing that you wanted to do from your heart. Donate some money to a charitable trust, visit some NGO and give a surprise gift to a not-so-affluent relative. These acts will actually make you feel very content and happy.
Happiness is not always about receiving things from others it is about making others feel happy and content at the end of the day. Follow the tips and you can indeed have a memorable Valentine’s Day this year. [Article View] : 3496