Valentine’s Day is an occasion when lovers all over the world proclaim their love to their beloved and try their best to make the day as special as possible. And giving gifts to the loved one can take one very far indeed when it comes to making the day special. However, in the current scenario when recession is almost knocking our doors and inflation affecting us badly, shelving out those bucks on expensive gifts can take a toll on a person’s mental health. But if you decide to act miserly and tell your loved one only a dry ‘i love you’, chances are high that she/ he might bid you adieu while you are busy evaluating the stock market status. So in this current crunch here is a list of not-so-expensive gift ideas that would bowl over your maiden as well as keep your wallet alive and kicking.
- Here is the time when you recollect the craft classes of your school. Decorate a jar at home that is not in use with colourful papers and all kinds of craft items. Write some sweet and short love notes on pieces of paper and put them inside the jar. This can be a cheap but mind-blowing gift to your valentine.
- Take some pictures of the two of you together and place them in chronological order of events of when you met first, years of togetherness in relationship and so on. Frame them together or create a hand-made album and gift it to your beloved. It goes without saying she/ he will be impressed.
- On Valentine’s Day, there would be many local giveaway contests happening, where they would offer wonderful gifts and prizes. Try and enter as many contests as possible and convince your partner to join as well. On this day of love, with your beloved by your side there is a high chance that you might turn incredibly lucky and might as well win the contests.
- Take a little trouble of creating an at-home spa day for your mate. When you deliver the gift in a basket, make sure you add inexpensive candles, bubble bath, rose petals, facial mask and scrub. Let your loved one get the full experience of the spa and relax for a while. This would give your loved one a very intoxicating experience, something that will linger in the mind for a real long time. In order to play on this idea quite a bit, you can also give him/ her a refreshing massage and rejuvenate the senses. This is an excellent gift idea to your valentine, something that is very innovative as well as well within your budget.
- Instead of spending time and wasting your precious in a cold dark room of a theater, it is a better idea to take your loved one to a place where you both can enjoy the sunset together and enjoy an evening walk in the moonlight.
- This is a wonderful way to make the Valentine’s Day special and that too at very affordable way. Write in small pieces of paper the reasons why you love your partner and put them in inflated balloons. Give your loved one a pin and as he / she will burst the balloons, will get the paper and read your sweet love notes. This is a wonderful way to make your loved one feel special.
- Try and be a little innovative and set the dinner table special. Play soft mushy music in the background. Make the dinner menu very special and while describing the food items put in a special note like ‘chicken pasta mixed with love just for you’. Take the trouble of cooking as well to make the day especially romantic for both of you.
Follow the tips and for a change your Valentine’s Day would be more special and heartfelt than a day spent at a 5-star hotel.