We all get married with a rosy picture in mind that from now onwards life will be beautiful and we will be able to live happily ever after. But not all marriages are happy and there are often situations when even if we are optimistic when we started our relation, with time our optimism turns into pessimism and we realise that we do not have it in us to continue any more. At such situations the consequences are grave and we have to take legal help and get for ourselves a divorce. But many a times it is in our hands to save a marriage from falling apart. Read on to know what the few things are we can do to prevent a marriage from wrecking and save it from divorce.
- Allow your partner to speak and know if he/she is thinking on the terms of reconciliation or whether she/he is hell-bent on a divorce. It is important to be a good listener. Find out what is wrong in the relationship and how well you can handle it. Also keep asking your partner what are the problems he/she is facing and try your best to solve them.
- Patience is very important to save a marriage from a rough ending. Always keep a cool head and it helps a lot if you are not a short-tempered person. If you do not like something do not react immediately. Explain with a cool head why you do not like something and how would you want to portray it.
- It is essential that your partner knows your stance in the marriage. If you are silent and quiet on certain issues there might be times when your partner might get the wrong signal that you are unhappy or you have a negative approach towards the relationship. So convey the message particularly to your partner that how desperately you want to save the marriage.
- Nagging is one habit that is most irritating and obnoxious and can enable anybody to fly into a rage and distort matters. So you should never nag to your partner about any point that you want to establish with him/ her. Instead of nagging give the person some time to see and understand matter and then take own decisions.
- Perhaps at one attempt you are not very successful to sort things out, give it some time and then keep trying. You might be able to re-establish your old trust. But try not to give up.
- Try to love your partner like never before. Love is something that can sort all troubles, solve all issues and rectify all mistakes and if love is genuine your partner would be forced to respond some time or the other. So ensure you love your partner like crazy.
At time there is nothing to save a marriage. But try to keep a cool head, do not lose your patience and then certainly you can revive your marriage.
[Article View] : 475