We all know but perhaps forget the essence of the word mother. We are so used to our mother and she is so much part of our lives we at times completely forget that we need to take some amount of effort so do special things for her. Showering love for one’s mother does not need to have a fixed date. In fact the unnecessary hype and commercialisation surrounding Mother’s Day decays some of the value associated with motherhood. But then we also need to celebrate Mother’s Day because it gives us an excuse, another day when we get the opportunity to tell our mother how precious she is for us and how incomplete each one us will be in her absence.
Mother’s Day is just round the corner. On this day try and make it the most special one for your mother. Read on to know what gifts you can give her on this unique day.
- Try and surprise her as much as you can on this day. Get up early in morning before she does and give her bed-tea. She will be more than happy to receive such a special gesture of love from your side. Always remember the mother is one such individual who does not expect precious things from you. She will not judge you by how much money you can spend on her. So be very careful to choose your gift as they need to be heartfelt rather than flashy. This morning tea would be an excellent gift for her on Mother’s Day, first thing in the morning.
- If you are good with words you can try your hand at writing a poem for your mother and give it along with a beautiful card. Your mother will be extremely impressed that you were considerate enough to think about her and make a poem of your feelings for her. This would be an ideal, earnest and sincere token a love for your mom on Mother’s Day.
- Mothers are generally the ones who are more bothered about the well-being of the whole house and the entire family than her own pleasures. So gift a beautiful showpiece along with matching curtains for her room that will lighten up her mood the moment she enters it. The fact that you have take the trouble of selecting curtains for her and an artistic showpiece, will impress her immensely and would be an apt gift for her on Mother’s Day.
- Saris are another good option which you mother certainly would love. So on this Mother’s Day go to a boutique and buy a very special designer sari – something that is very different from all that she has in her collection. But do take care that the sari is of the colour, which she is likely to wear and do not come up with a flashy colour that she usually abhors.
- A pearl set looks very elegant and stylish and your Mom would surely like it. These days, pearls are available in different colours and cultured black pearl set looks especially very dignified. You mother would be touched that you care so much for her that you could gift her something she would treasure forever. She would be so happy that she would flaunt the pearl set to her friends and tell to the world proudly that her own daughter/ son has gifted the beautiful piece of jewellery.
- Mother is one person you must be associating with time and strictly abiding by it. So why not gift her a wrist watch? She might be having too many but one from her own child would enhance the essence of the watch even more. And if you tell her the reason of why you have selected that particular gift for her, she would be amusedly surprised.
- And last but not the least, the gift that can take the breath away from your mother is certainly, diamonds. You can give her a diamond ring or diamond earrings or necklace, and she would just be floored. It is a saying that diamonds are a woman’s best friend and so your mother is no exception to the rule. And what would add to the sparkle of the diamonds is your love that would simply make your mother glow with pride.
So this Mother’s Day make your mother the happiest woman in the world. Remember no matter how many expensive gifts you can get for her, it is the love that will matter in the end. Even if you give her no gift and tell her you do not have the money to buy anything for her, she would still love you and even if you shout at her or misbehave with her she will still have the same love for you. That is the essence of a mother.