Office romance is something many of us have indulged in our life. In the corporate scenario it often happens that office becomes a second home and many end up spending more hours in office than at home. In such high strung situations it is but quite a common phenomenon to have office flings. But the equation changes completely if a boss starts hitting on an employee and that concerned employee is just not interested. That is a real tricky situation and to come out of it unscathed needs mental strength, courage and certainly oodles of smartness. Read on to find out how to handle a flirtatious boss.
- Diplomacy: Diplomacy takes a person much ahead in life and it can be a very effective tool in case of shooing away a flirtatious boss. You cannot afford to be too rude to him because your career is dependent on him – at least at this point of time – so be cordial with him at the same time be firm. If he offers you a lift be very polite, smile at him and refuse his offer.
- Speak to him: It is important to convey to him the message that you are not at all comfortable with in-house romances. You are a person who abhors the concept of mixing pleasure with business. If you keep referring to aversions of office romance it is possible that he will understand that you are giving him a red signal as well.
- Avoid physical contact: In the urban society, hugging or kissing on the cheeks has become a very common affair to show a gesture of warmth or friendly vibe. There is no harm in these activities but if you are aware that your boss is sexually interested in you try to stay away from these gestures completely. Be very careful to make sure there is no kind of body contact between the two of you that can lead to possible complication in future.
- Never go out even in a group: Never make the mistake of going out with even in a group. Make up as many silly excuses as possible but prevent yourself from going out with him and his selected gang. There is a chance that outside he might look for some chance to flirt with you and be very sure that you are not giving him any kinds of hints at all.
- Do not take undue favors: You might know very well that your boss has a soft corner for you and might be indulgent if you ask for some favors like leaving early or applying for leaves and so on. But if you want to make your position very clear and do not want to indulge in any kind of hassles in future be very careful to not indulge in kind of favors from your boss.
- Concentrate on your work: It is best to do one’s job well. Concentrate on your job well and impress your boss with your performance. Make him dependent on you professionally so that he will fear to lose you in case you decide to leave the company because of his harassment.
Sexual harassment in the work place is a serious punishable offence. If things turn nasty you can always seek legal help but try your best so that you can ward off the ultimatum.
[Article View] : 1759