There is a saying that marriages are made in heaven. Well, it is absolutely true because when your marriage is fixed with a stranger or a remote friend about whom you had no clue, it gives you the hint that there is indeed the hand of God who designed the entire drama of marriage. But after the initial excitement is overcome the real challenge of marriage arrives – how to sustain it? There are many times when you feel you cannot take the strain anymore and want to walk away. But then the real challenge is to cope with the tide and make sure you persist amidst a thousand odds and ensure your marriage is rock-solid. Here is how you can increase the bond with your partner in marriage.
- The base of each and every relationship is friendship. If you can make your husband/ wife a friend first and a partner later then all problems would evaporate. Even if you guys fight it would appear like two buddies are having their share of difference of opinion and not the complicated fights between husband and wife.
- Never associate families of two sides in the fights. Even when you guys are fighting, never drag your parents in it. Then complication will grow bitter even more and take ugly proportions. So when you are fighting let the quarrel remain between you two only.
- Compromise is said to the bane of any marriage. No matter how compatible you are with your partner or how wonderfully you guys go along with each other, there is obviously an element of compromise involved from both the sides to make this relationship work. There are many areas where conflict might arise so do not fight till the end to get things done your way. Compromise a little and you will see happy days ahead.
- Love is important to sustain any relationship. If you love your partner even the errors or the negative traits in him/ her would appear insignificant and you would be ready to forgive and forget many of the negative traits in a person. They would appear like small inconsistencies rather than major faults in a person. So love is the most important element not only in marriage but in all relationships.
- Trust is a something on which all marriages are based. You would have to trust your partner no matter what and be with him/ her in times to crisis, no matter how much adversity you face. There would be trying times when only thing that would stitch the marriage together is the element of trust. If the bond is strong trust is automatically developed and then even if a third party tries to bring about a crack in the marriage, trust saves the relation.
- If a marriage has to be successful both the partners should let go of their selfish ends. The ‘I’ element must give place to ‘we’ feeling. Everything should be looked upon from the perspective of ‘us’ and not ‘I’. Then only the marriage can be successful.
Marriage is a unique relationship where two complete strangers start living together first and then become indispensible for one another. The partners should live with one another not because they have to but because they want to. Then only the marriage can be a success. And most importantly no one should take the other person for granted. And then the story can be depicted as..
and then they lived happily ever after…
[Article View] : 1071