Long beautiful tresses are a dream come true for every woman. However, it is often seen that even if the hair is long, it is extremely dull and lifeless sans the shine. Hair looks its best if it is healthy and shiny. And to get those shiny tresses, there are certain dos and don’ts to be followed. Try them out and you would never complain of dull lifeless hair.
- Stay away from chemicals: It is an age-old saying that says stay away from chemicals as much as possible. Too much exposure to chemicals kills the original nutrients of the hair and makes it dull in the long run. So even if fancy TV commercials allure you to buy 101 hair care products, resist your temptation and go for age-old natural treatments.
- Don’t shampoo everyday: Do not shampoo your hair every day. Even if you feel that the hair is looking dull, oily and dirty it is better not to shampoo your hair every day. The hair becomes excessively dry and brittle if exposed to the chemicals of shampoo each and every day. Even if you are using natural products, stay away from regular shampooing.
- Hot oil massage: There is no substitute for hot oil massage at night for shiny tresses. Every night make it a point to massage your hair extensively for fifteen minutes and go off to sleep. The moisture will seep into your hair overnight and next morning after a hair wash your hair will have that beautiful sought-after shine like never before.
- Minimal use of hair drier: Try to avoid hair driers because they absorb too much moisture and make the hair dry and dull. So until and unless the situation is dire don’t make it a habit to regularly blow dry your hair.
- Use cold water for hair wash: Cold water can work wonders for your hair when it comes to giving it that extra shine and bounce. Hot water and boiling water can bring about untold damage to your hair and make it shabby and dull. Hot water if used regularly can also result in excessive hair fall and can also damage the cuticles. Cold water also helps to straighten the hair and your tresses get tangled less if you wash them regularly in cold water.
- Egg mask: The popular commercial says ‘Sunday ho ya Monday roz khao ande.’ And since the benefits of egg eating are plenty so are the virtues if beaten egg is applied on hair. Apply the beaten egg on the hair, keep it like a mask and then wash off after it dries a bit. If you want add olive oil to the mixture. It is advisable not to use a shampoo immediately after you wash off the egg mask. Keep it for a day and apply shampoo the next day. You will find that never-see shine in your hair.
- Hot towel treatment: Take a towel and soak it in hot boiling water and then wrap it around your hair after you have oiled it sufficiently. Let it be there for a while so that all the steam from the towel is absorbed into your hair. You will find your hair softer and shiner like never before.