It is the time of the year when everything goes dry. The leaves from the trees become dry and fall and so is the condition of your skin, hair and even lips – everything appears very dry no matter how much protection you tend to take.
And even though you manage to protect the other parts, it is very tricky as to how you should take care of your lips.
They tend to get dry so easily that it often happens that the skin peels off and you start bleeding.
No matter how well you have done the make-up to the rest of your face, if your lips are not well-taken care of you cannot hide it with the best of your make-up skills at that very moment. Even if you use the best of lipsticks or lip-gloss nothing will work wonders instantly. So it’s time you take care of your precious lips and stun the world with that luscious pout. Here is how you can take care of your lips better.
- Lips become dry due to lack of moisture. Apart from applying moisturizers externally, it is also important to do it internally. Make sure you drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day in order to remain hydrated always. People make the common mistake of not drinking water sufficiently during the winters. It is a big no-no and along with water there should also be a steady intake of juicy fruits and vegetables daily.
- Every night along with your face, do the cleansing of your lips and then apply a night cream. This will ensure that the lips get protection throughout the night.
- It is a common habit of many to unnecessarily lick the lips without any rhyme or reason. This habit makes the lips even drier and removes all the moisture from the lips. Make a conscious effort to avoid this habit. Apply sesame oil to soften your lips.
- You should take the trouble of scrubbing your lips at least once in a week. You can use the same scrub that you use on your face. Mix 2 teaspoons of semolina with a half-spoon of honey and massage lips gently with mixture. After some time peel it off.
Check video for home made Lip Scrub Recipe
- Before going out apply a generous amount of cream first to make the skin over your lips soft. Daily application of cream and balm will make even chapped lips soft. And then apply the gloss or lipstick after your lips have become soft enough. Carry the same in your purse and use it as often as you can.
- If you go out in the sun along with your skin your lips can get tanned as well. Apply a sunscreen lotion with a sun protection formula (SPF) over 15 on your skin as well as your lips. This will keep them soft and supple as well as retain their original colour.
- A must before you hit the bed is to remove your lipstick completely from your lips and apply a cleanser immediately after it.
- If they become dry actually, do not pull off the skin in a manner blood comes out. Apply cream over it first and then when the skin becomes soft peal it off gently.
- Take a black tea bag in warm water and press it on lips for three to four minutes. This process will increase the moisture content of your lips.
- If possible try to massage your lips with ghee. Ghee left overnight will give a natural protection to your lips and keep them soft the entire day.
- Sufficient water and a healthy diet are the prerequisites not only for a healthy skin but luscious lips as well. Ensure you have a good source of Vitamin B in your diet, which will prevent nourished lips sans the cracks.
Treat your lips with care and like Angelina Jolie you can earn those generous accolades for your pout as well. [Article View] : 2205