So you are planning to buy an android based smartphone and you are confused which one to choose from over the vast range of android phones. So here are the following tips on How to choose an Android Phone for you.
Things to Consider
- Screen size: The first thing to consider regarding an android phone is the screen size; they come from 2.5 inches to the giant 4.3 inches (not to mention the Samsung Note which is 5.3 inches). Now you decide whether you want a huge high-definition screen or a little smaller and more practical? Some apps might not work on smaller screen but again you need to remember that bigger the screen lesser will be the battery backup. Similarly choose the resolution wisely as higher resolution screen will eat up the battery faster but will be better for using apps and online browsing.
- Speed: Multitasking is a big requirement in smartphones. Make sure you buy an android phone with atleast 800mhz speed processor. These days we also get dual core processors in many high end models which are very fast.
- Design Form: If you text a lot then you should choose a handset which has got QWERTY keypad. However, SWYPE technology has made texting very fast and convenient in full touch screen android phones. QWERTY might make it easier to text but the screen size will be reduced. So choose this option wisely.
- Camera: If you want good picture quality from your android smartphone make sure you choose a handset with atleast 5mp camera. Cameras start from 2Mp and go uptill 8Mp in android phones. If you want video calling feature then go for a phone which has got front camera too.
- User Interface: Google allows android phone manufactures to add their own interface above the standard android interface which more of a skin or template thus android phones from different manufacturers look so different. This will be a personal choice to make. Some of the popular interfaces from different manufactures are HTC - HTC Sense, Sony Ericcson - Timescape, Samsung – touchWiz, Motorola – Moto blur.
- Memory: Don’t settle for lesser memory. Most of the apps get installed in phone memory. So if you have lesser phone memory (or RAM), you won’t be able to load many apps on your smartphone and it will run very slow too.
- Battery: Battery is one of the major concerns for the smartphone users. If you are looking for a good battery backup make sure the phone you select has got minimum 1650mAh Li-ion battery. There are many apps available in Android Market which improves battery backup in your smartphone.
- Miscellaneous: Here are few others things to consider while buying a smartphone. Make sure it has 3G, Wi-fi and GPS support. Make sure it has multitouch to make browsing experience better. Try not to go for the handset which has got an older version of android, because the manufacturers don’t bring updates for OS version for old handsets.
Now you have a basic idea what you are going to look for in an android smartphone which will fulfil your requirement. Once you have decided what all you need, go through the reviews online. In case you feel your choice of handset lacks something in terms of software, make sure you visit Android Market to find the best app for that purpose.
Check out how to download free android apps. [Article View] : 6912