So u have successfully upgraded your Galaxy Pro to Gingerbread 2.3.6, if not you can still click here to upgrade it to Gingerbread. You pretty much know what rooting is and what are its benefits and drawbacks and finally you have decided (like me) to root your Galaxy Pro to explore the extreme capabilities of your phone. It’s not tough and it’s a successful method as it has been tried and tested in 5 different region handsets. The file to root is different for froyo and gingerbread. Check the steps thoroughly:
- Download gingerbread root file from this 4shared link. You can download gingerbread root file directly from your phone by entering this link or you can download it in your PC and then transfer it to your phone. Link: http://www.4shared.com/zip/DvWzI6Xy/gingerbred-236-root.html
- Save this gingerbread root file in the root directory (the main directory and not in any folder) of your SD card.
- Power off your Samsung galaxy pro.
- Press “Power” + T together to enter into recovery mode. You will notice that your galaxy pro will boot for couple of times before entering to recovery mode. Don’t panic, just wait and keep pressing the key combination.
- Use the volume “down” key to go to the 2nd option on screen which says : apply update from sdcard
- Click on the “HOME” key to select this option.
- On next screen you will see gingerbread-2.3.6.root.zip, go down to that option by pressing the volume “down” key and press home key again to select.
- Some kernel codes will run and wait for the notification that says: “Install from SD card complete”.
- Press on the “HOME” key again on the option “Reboot Now”. Wait for your galaxy pro to restart.
That’s it. Your galaxy pro is rooted and you are ready to explore the extreme power of galaxy pro. Find the super user app already installed in your applications. Best of luck!
Warning: If a single step goes wrong, your galaxy pro might hardbrick. It’s successful for all of us as of now. We would not be responsible if something goes wrong. This information has been pulled up from different websites and compiled here. Credit goes to samfirmware for providing the files.
Click here to find how to un-root your Samsung galaxy pro Gingerbread.
Please like us on facebook to support us. [Article View] : 54262