If you are using Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 you can upgrade your smartphone to gingerbread 2.3.5 easily. This is XXKPN version and by far this is the most reliable version available till date.
Steps before Upgrading:
- Take backup of Contacts. Go to Contacts > Press Menu button > Click on Import/Export > Export to SD card > Confirm by pressing Yes.
- Take backup of your messages. For this you need an app. I personally use SMS backup & Restore Pro by Ritesh Sahu, you can get it for free, check this article.
- Take backup of the installed apps. For this you need to use a file explorer app, I used ES File Explorer. To take the backup of the apps installed, Open ES File Explorer > Press Menu button > Click on Manager > Click App Manager > Press Multi-select button on the top and select all the apps > Press Menu key > Click on Backup. The backup will be taken in SD card “backup” folder.
- Take backup of current settings and application data. Go to Settings > Privacy settings > Put a check mark on Back up my data and Automatic Restore.
- Shut down your galaxy SL i9003 and remove SD card and SIM card. (Don’t Power On your galaxy SL i9003)
File required for the process: Click here
Extract the file and with password: androidauthority.com
Step By Step Process:
- Unzip and extract the files that you have downloaded to a specific folder.
- Run Odin3 v1.0 downloader.
- Put a check mark on Auto reboot and Protect OPS.
- Click on PDA to browse and select I9003XXKPN_I9003XXKPN_I9003SERKPN_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- You will get the following message once firmware file is checked :
<ID:0/018> Odin v.3 engine (ID:18)..
<ID:0/018> File analysis..
<ID:0/018> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/018> Leave CS..
<ID:0/018> Get PIT for mapping..
- Now boot your phone into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down key + HOME button (centre button) + Power button. Once you are into download mode, you will see the following message of “ADDED” in the message section, that means, your phone is detected in the ODIN now.
(Note: If your phone is not getting detected, please close ODIN and install kies first and connect your phone normally to kies for your smartphone’s driver to get installed properly)
7. Now click on Start and let the flashing begin. Wait until the ID:COM box turns green and you get the message of PASS there. You will get the following message in the message section:
<ID:0/018> Firmware update start..
- Disconnect the phone from USB. Reboot it into recovery mode by pressing VOLUME UP + MENU KEY + POWER KEY and choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”. Once done, then click on “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Click on “Reboot System Now” to reboot.
- When it restarts, press Menu > Click on Settings > Click on Locale and Text icon > Click on First option to Select language > Select your language from there.
Note: Make sure your galaxy SL i9003 is fully charged while doing this and take proper back up of apps, contacts and SMS before trying this. This firmware is checked on many Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 and they have worked fine after upgrade to gingerbread. If you face any problem you can write it in comment, we will help you out. Do at your own risk. We will not be responsible if you end up screwing your phone. The information has been pulled up from different websites and compiled over here. We thank androidauthority.com for the file. For getting the latest firmware you can always check samfirmware.com. [Article View] : 5468