OK. Let’s be honest. None of us love the stock music app that our dear manufacturer has given us with our Android smartphone. So well all look for replacement of stock music app by downloading some wonderful app from Android Market. But the list over there is huge and confusing. I have tried my best to carry on my Top 5 series further and picked some wonderful music apps that are best for any android smartphone. So let’s read through the list:
1. Winamp: It is one of the highly rated and downloaded music player apps in android market. You can also manage and sync your media files wirelessly from your MAC or PC if you have winamp desktop software installed. I have used it for a long time and I always preferred keeping it as the default music player in my android smartphone. It has a Pro/ Paid version too which unlocks some nice features like 10-band graphic equalizer, option to customize home screen, enables browsing by folder, etc. It also removes ads. Well if in case you don’t wanna spend money on paid version, trust me free version is too good and ads are not irritating.
Best Features: Free wireless syncing, SHOUTcast Radio stations, Easy UI, Playlist shortcuts, Widget Player, Lock Screen Player, etc.
2. Poweramp Music Player: Another superb reason for replacing stock music app. Poweramp is very simple and loaded with superb features. You will experience a superb sound quality especially with your headphones. It has wide range of preset equalizers. It gives you opportunity for high level of customization through settings. It covers huge number of audio formats which can’t be played otherwise with the stock app. It has a free trial version which has got all the features unlocked but it’s valid only for 15 days after that you need to buy the full version. This app is definitely worth the price.
Best Features: Separate Bass and Treble adjustments, lyrics support via musiXmatch Plugin, 4 configurable widgets, configurable lock screen, tag editor, etc.
3. PlayerPro Music Player: One of the largest download music player app from android market. It has got huge features to make this app highly customizable as your requirement. It has got a free version which keeps all the features unlocked but it’s valid only for 7 days. So you can try it before paying for the pro version.
Best Features: Playlist shortcuts, Shake feature to change tracks on shaking the phone, Swipe gestures enabled, sleep timer, 5 different size widgets, Dolby and SRS effects for HTC smartphones which has HTC sound enhancement features, Mixable audio effects, tag editing in group, etc.
4. Neutron Music Player: It has unique design and its UI is fabulous. It’s 32 bit audio decoding ability makes it different from others. It is quite a new music player in android market but getting a lot of attention due to its sophisticated UI. It gives superb quality if you are connected to headset or external speaker. Its free version unlocks all the features but only for 5 days after which you need to buy the full version. It needs a strong CPU capability and 480*800 screen resolution as the minimum requirement.
Best Features: Huge number of audio formats supported, Surround Sound, Crossfeed DSP for better quality when hooked to headphones, folder modes, Sleep timer, Wake timer, Automatic key lock, Album art visual effect, movable to SD card, etc.
5. UberMusic: Another great app by developer Federico Carnales who designed Launcher Pro homescreen replacement app. The best part of this app is, it’s very small in size so it doesn’t consume a lot of RAM while it’s in action. The provide nice skins app too which you can download from market by typing UberMusic Skin and it changes the entire look of the app. Unfortunately there isn’t any trial version of this app but you can always check out reviews before buying.
Best Features: Automatically downloads artist’s picture, 6 different size widgets, Nice shuffling feature which avoids playing same song more than one time, smooth interface, etc.
[Article View] : 9998