Does your laptop battery usually give up at crucial times?
Unable to identify the worst battery suckers?
Well, there are plenty. One has to agree with the fact that the advancement in technology is making us dependent on it. Definitely laptop is one of the biggest devices we just can’t do without these days and also you cannot stand your laptop giving less backup. You can’t carry on with the quick wiping out of battery power. The rapid battery exhaustion leaves you clueless regarding what drains the battery most? Care has to be taken as battery life is the most important and certainly can’t be replaced very frequently.
Read on to know how you can maximize your laptops battery life.
- Defrag on a regular basis. The faster the hard drive performs, lesser is the burden sited on the battery. Therefore, defrag in order to make your hard drive efficient.
- There are lots of programs that are always running in the taskbar such as firewall, antivirus, etc. Shutting them down while you aren’t working on the internet would be beneficial.
- All USB devices are the worst battery power drainers. Unplug them all when not in use. From an external mouse to iPod, all of these devices consume battery power like hell.
- Spinning CD/DVD drives are the major battery suckers. They consume battery power even when they aren’t active. Even if you have one, get rid of it.
- Dim the LCD light. They consume battery power much above your assumption. Modify your settings and bring them down to the lowest level you can bear.
- Put the speaker on the mute mode when not in use. Installed sound schemes play a huge role in wiping out the charge of your laptop battery.
- Screensavers are prime battery suckers. Deactivate or switch off the screensaver in order to maximize battery life.
- Both XP and vista is en suited with advanced power management features, make the most of it. There you can find lot of options to choose from. Manage, control and modify settings in order to maximize battery life. Set it up so that power usage is optimized.
- Hibernate and not standby. Hibernating will save power alongside shutting the laptop itself while standby mode will slow down the CPU and ooze out battery life to keep everything in memory.
- Do not simultaneously run two or more programs. Keeping too many files and programs in the taskbar will weaken the battery. Do not run those many files while you are working on one or two.
- Process more with the memory your laptop has by adding more RAM. You won’t have to rely on virtual memory which is less power efficient. RAM consumes more energy thus, it is recommendable if you require running of memory intensive programs.
- Keep the air vents clean. If the air vents are blocked it will generate more heat leading to battery exhaustion.
- Do not leave your laptop under direct sunlight. Too much heat will kill your battery, slowly by surely. Avoid leaving it in a jam-packed environment.
- Do not recharge your battery repeatedly. Discharge the entire battery power and then plug in charger. Avoid recharging when the battery is only partially discharged. Recharging the partial discharged battery will destroy battery life.
- Keep updating software’s and drivers. This is because newly launched software’s and drivers are less resource hungry and more efficient.
- Use original adapters. Make sure that the adapter you are using is the original one and has correct specifications. If not, then it will deplete the battery as well as your laptop.
- If you don’t plan to use your laptop for quite some time, remove the battery and store in a cool place. Also ensure that the battery is at least 40% charged.
- Pick your priorities wisely. Playing games will drain more battery than playing games. You should priorities your activities and use battery power efficiently.
Learnt some kool tips today? This is not the end. Check out this cool link to learn more tips on enhancing the life of your laptop http://www.clublaptop.com/tips/
Well if the battery of your laptop as already gone bad and not giving proper backup, then you need to change the battery of your laptop. This link might just help you to grab the best deal for the battery of your laptop http://shop.clublaptop.com/home-laptop-battery
[Article View] : 1788