Internet is of a great help but it might also prove to be a distraction. You must follow certain rules and conventions as laid down by your respective work place for internet practices. In order make your position secure at your workplace, you must act sensibly and work in an efficient manner which you can easily find yourself doing with the help of certain etiquettes.
Read on to know the etiquettes that must be followed at your work station.
- Always bear in mind that you are using company’s property and you are not free to use it the way you want. You have been allotted the pc/laptop to carry on your official work only. Do not treat is as your own and keep on installing whatever you want to. Must know all the company rules for internet practices. You must use your official email only.
- You should time your breaks. Carry on with your personal matters (surfing web, shopping online, social networking, paying bills, and any sort of entertainment, etc) before or after office hours or even during lunch time. Keep an account of personal time spent online. Whenever you feel tempted, pause, and then refocus on your important activity.
- As an employee you are not allowed to open illegal or porn sites at work place. You are not supposed to violate the conventions and moreover the office computer should not be hampered. You must not open any such corrupt sites that might harm your computer through virus.
- Email accounts are non-personal and should only be used for official work. You should not use that email account for interacting with friends or relatives. And yes you cannot object your company from scrutinizing your computer; they have all the rights to do that.
- Be careful and alert. Do not speak or do any such things that might lead to a problem in future. You never know if someone is observing you. It may be that he/she has been asked by your boss to keep an eye on you and your activity.
- Be crisp and professional. Your mails must follow standard writing protocol. It should be professional and straightforward. Keep it short and do not use any confusing words. Avoid using short forms or abbreviations. Do not write in all upper case making it sound loud and rude.
- All email should be followed by signatures which must include your name and designation as well as your company’s name and contact details.
Follow these tips and help yourself in staying efficient and professional.
[Article View] : 867