Tired of receiving trolls? Are they making you frustrated and annoyed?
Stop bothering! There are various ways that can help you in dealing with trolls and rude comments. Well, they are the worst that Internet can offer. They are the commentators who are least interested in your blog and their only motive is to poke you and get the worst out of you. They will always find a way to keep flaming you and trying to get a reaction out of you. They are attention seekers. Their sole purpose is to make critical comments causing commotion being a nuisance.
Read on to know how to deal with trolls and rude comments.
- You must have an official blog comment policy. It would be less difficult in moderating comments for you in the first place and also it would not let bad commentators behave in an obnoxious manner. You will be confident enough to deal with trolls and rude comments. It would be good on your part to set boundaries before its too late and you end up being inapt in managing comments.
- Don’t always react pessimistically when you receive a critical comment. Try to analyze their view point. There might be a valid logic in their comment. Your reply to it need not be rude or straight forward displaying rigidity and indifference. Taking time to validate opposite views encourages more commenting and help people come up with their thoughts whether they agree or disagree.
- Don’t feed the trolls. Do not give them what they are seeking for-Attention. They will always try to provoke you by doing something or the other, just ignore it. Don’t make their presence felt on your blog. Avoid them and do not pay any attention to their comments.
- Be gentle and handle trolls patiently. If ignoring trolls is not helping you in any way then try not to respond to their comments directly. Revert back with a general comment like ‘Thank you for your feedback’ or ‘We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion’. Responses like this would discourage them to a great extent.
- Beat him with your sense of humor. If it’s hard getting him disappear, try to beat him with humor. Don’t insult him but sarcastically try to make a fool of him. Maintain your dignity and don’t sink to the level of the troll. But do this only if you are sure that you will excel.
- Avoid getting yourself into a conflict. You might lose control over your emotions after having received rude comments. Do not get carried away and go for any sort of confrontation. You might have to regret it later so better handle things in a mature and sensible way.
- Respond to Trolls swiftly. After having suspected a troll, you should email them personally, thanking them for their response and kindly asking them to have a look at your comment policy. That would not just surprise them but might also arouse sense guilt in them making them apologize at times. It has been seen that after this personal email, many of them disappears. If this does not work, warn them publicly to hold on to the comment policy.
- Ban the troll’s comments or delete him completely. But you must do it before the troll acquires notice. It would be good to dismiss him quietly without letting him gain any attention. Before you ban or delete, make sure you are not doing it just to pay him back. He might be your regular visitor and you would lose one by deleting him in rage.
Follow these tips and make the best of it. These will surely prove to be helpful. These trolls and rude comments are not worth your concern. They are arrogant and unwilling to acknowledge any other opinions and views. Avoidance is the best policy but still if does not help there are several other means of dealing with it.
[Article View] : 948