I have been asked this question many a times now. To increase brand awareness on social networks, people often want to include links to their Twitter, Linked-in and Facebook page URL’s in their email signatures. And to do this, best option is to use an icon for these social networks because using icons make it look professional. I would be sharing easy steps by with which you can easily add facebook, twitter, linked in, etc icons in your email signature.
I use Microsoft Outlook 2007 for my emails. These steps work pretty much on all emailing platforms.
Before we being to configure icons in our email signature, we must download the icons first. The best place to find icons on web (according to me) is Icon Finder. It has got millions of icons for all the social networks.
- Type the name of Social Network whose icon you are looking for in the search bar in Icon Finder.
- Once you hit enter, you will see hundreds of icons of that social networking website. All icons are in PNG format. Choose an icon which resembles your brand logo and then select the right size for your email signature (preferably 48 x 48) and click on PNG.
- Download and save the image on desktop screen. After this, click on the “Icon Set” in the right side to see similar icons for other social networks and similarly download the icons of the other social networking sites that you need. Save all the icons in one folder.
Now since we have got all the icons, let’s start setting up email signature in Microsoft outlook.
- Open outlook and Click on Tools > Click on Options > Click on 3rd tab, Mail Format > Click on Signatures.
- Click on New and give a name to your new signature. Now type in few important information like your name, company, phone number, address, etc. After that write a catchy line like, “Follow Us on” or “Connect with Us” and now below this line we need to add the images.
- Click on “Picture” icon and select both the icons that we downloaded and click on Insert.
- Now click on any one of the icons of social networking and then click on “Hyperlink” option to add the URL. Now in place of URL, give the profile id’s as shown in figure below. Then click on OK and save the new signature.
Adding signature to the new mail:
Press CTRL + N to prepare a new mail and Click on “Signatures” tab to add the signature that you just created.
[Article View] : 3159