In Microsoft office it has such an function in which you can add a password or security number to your word document for both the versions MS Word 2003 & 2007.
Need to follow the following steps to protect or secure your file in MS Word 2003:
- Need to open the word document on the Top Menu find “Tools” and move your pointer to “Options”
- Click to “Security “tab. You would be asking with two options “Password to open” and “Password to modify”. Type your desired Password, and then Click on “OK” buttom.
- Now you would be ask to retype the password for the confirmation and save the document once your steps are completed your document is now password protected.
Steps to be followed for create a password for MS Word2007:
- Need to open your Word file. Click Microsoft Office Button the top left. Click “Prepare” on the menu.
- Under “Prepare” click “Encrypt Document”
- There will be a dialog window appearing up”Encrypt Document” would ask you to input the password.
- Now you would be ask to re-enter the password for the confirmation and Save the document once your steps are completed your document is now password protected.
Note: Read the Caution below carefully before typing the password.
[Article View] : 1002