Social media has become an indispensable part of our lives. We are very much engrossed with it and it has taken the place for medium of communication, be it personally or professionally. Everyday usage of the same demands that we follow some rules while using them. At least I personally 100% think that everyone of us should follow the following rules.
1. Do not befriend just anyone on site- Accepting friend request without knowing anything about the person is nothing but insensible. Friends form the core group for any social network, therefore choosing them should be done most wisely. Remember that you may think yourself to be someone who wants to befriend anyone just for the sake of friendship, but you never know that unknown person’s motive so better be a little choosy in this regards.
2. Maintain personal and professional accounts separately- Always try to maintain the personal and professional accounts separately. You obviously would not want your professional peers to know everything that is going on in your life nor would your friends be interested about your professional matters. Therefore it is best to use two separate networks or at least two separate identities for both the purposes.
3. Post comments wisely- Comment posting forms an integral part of using any social network. You should always be careful what you are posting since everyone in your friend list gets to know your mind. You should also remember not to post anything which would hurt someone else’s sentiments.
4. Share photos after considering them- One should also be choosy to share photos or post photos in any social network. If it has someone else’s photo you should always take prior permission before posting it. If the photo is of any irresponsible position you should always NOT post the photo. So, apart from your own photograph, you should be extra cautious while posting photos.
5. Do not post when over tired, angry or upset- I know all of you will agree with me on this point and people do avoid posting when they are tired or angry or upset. I thought as an extra caution to mention this point. It happens that you end up expressing your emotions or hatred towards someone online which is not desirable.
6. Respect other’s decision if he/ she deny your friend request- If anyone else denies your friend request, feel OK about it. It is the decision of that individual and you should always respect it. Remember that you can also deny some else’s friend request so it is just a matter of choice and should always be appreciated.
7. Provide your basic information correctly – Always provide all your basic information correctly and as and where needed. Especially in your professional network where people link to you depending upon your basic info, this is most required.
8. Do not get addicted to social media – Last but not the least, please do not get addicted to the social media and keep it only as a part of life and do not make it your whole life which is the general trend of the public nowadays.
It is well understood that these are just simple ways in which you make the use of social network more effective and fruitful. Hope to get some etiquette that you follow.
[Article View] : 889